What were the client’s needs:
Clear strategic framework for a structural implementation of a new product range:
- Addressing the customers’ needs by a structural review of the current product ranges and by adding products that are lacking.
- Improving the price perception of the customers by rolling out a clear price strategy based on dynamic prices.
- Expansion of the own brand product range for an attractive margin, realising the quality promise, and giving a price signal to the market.
What was our approach?
- Design and execution of a category briefing process for a structural review of product ranges based on reviewed category roles and a uniform structure of the customer decision tree.
- Setting up a process for the identification, assessment, and execution of product ranges that are lacking.
- Creating a clear and dynamic price strategy which has been further developed into price guidelines that can be implemented for every established price category.
- Optimising the own brand policy, established at product group level with clear guidelines for the implementation of the private label product range.
What did we achieve?
- Demonstrated and structural category briefing process in which strategy, format, category, management, and shop experience are all combined to develop a clear renewal of the product range.
- Clear price strategy that can be implemented, structured up to SKU level
Optimised private label policy which gives direction for the implementation of the own brand product range.