What did the customer want:
Intertoys had to contend with poor product availability, which led to a significant loss of sales. The aim was to increase the availability of DC stock from around 50% to over 80%. The company wanted to achieve this before the start of the high season in the autumn, without increasing the total inventory levels.
What was our approach?
- Intertoys’ assortment, together with the category management team, validated and sorted in order to identify a regularly refillable assortment.
- Along two tracks – data quality and merchandise planning – we developed quick wins and a sustainable improvement of tools and processes to complement the right assortment with the right stock levels.
- Development of a commercial approach to sell surplus stocks at minimum price discounts.
- Merchandising planners trained in their new roles.
What have we achieved?
- Availability of the DC stock rose from around 50% to over 80% over a period of about three months.
- Increased data quality to enable a more streamlined operation.
What did the customer think:
“In a dynamic retail context, we wanted to improve the availability of the DC stock and to develop a reliable replenishment process. The IG&H approach helped us to combine quick wins with sustainable improvements in product availability and stock levels. IG&H provided the right structure and transparency for our activities through the implementation of every step of the project “